When it comes to hiring in Vietnam, there are a few things you need to know. Hiring in a foreign country can be an intimidating process, but with the proper research and preparation, you can successfully add a new hire to your team. Here are 10 things you need to know before hiring in Vietnam.
- Understand the Labour Laws: It’s important to understand the labour laws of the country you’re hiring in. In Vietnam, the laws are quite different than those in the United States. Before hiring, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with the Labour Code, the Trade Union Law, and the Employment Law.
- Know the Recruiting Process: When recruiting in Vietnam, you’ll need to know the process. This includes understanding the hiring and termination process, the type of paperwork you need, and the timeframe for hiring.
- Create a Job Description: Before you start the recruitment process, you’ll need to create a job description. This will help you get the right candidate for the position. Make sure the job description is clear and concise so applicants know exactly what the job entails.
- Find the Right Recruiting Platform: In Vietnam, there are a variety of recruiting platforms you can use to find the right candidate. Some of the most popular ones are LinkedIn, JobStreet, and Career Builder.
- Understand the Culture: Vietnam has a unique culture that you need to understand before hiring. This includes understanding the language, understanding the customs and traditions, and understanding the values and beliefs of the people.
- Consider Local Talent: When hiring in Vietnam, you should consider the local talent. This is especially important if the job requires a specific skill set or knowledge of the local language or culture.
- Set a Salary Range: Before you start the recruitment process, you’ll need to set a salary range for the position. This will help you find the right candidate and ensure you’re offering a competitive salary.
- Consider Visas and Work Permits: Depending on the job and the candidate, you may need to arrange a visa and work permit. Make sure to research the requirements before you start the recruitment process.
- Understand the Tax System: In Vietnam, the tax system is quite different than in other countries. Make sure to understand the tax laws and regulations before you hire someone.
- Utilize Resources: There are a number of resources available to help you with the recruitment process. Consider using a recruitment agency, online recruiting websites, and networking events to help you find the right candidate.
Hiring in Vietnam can be a daunting process, but with the right preparation and research, you can successfully add a new hire to your team. Make sure to understand the labour laws, create a job description, find the right recruiting platform, and utilize resources to help you find the right candidate. With the right preparation, you can find the perfect candidate for your team.